5 Creepy and Interesting ‘Dark Web’ Websites

Please note: dark, deep, or darknet websites are a special kind of websites that typically use the .onion domain extension and that are usually aren’t indexed by most popular search engines such as Google, Yahoo, Bing, or others — and which require specific software and configurations to access it without any risks of compromising your data or your identity. Access them at your own risk.

To be able to access these websites securely, you will need to download and install the Tor Browser, as well as a reliable VPN software to mask/hide your IP address and location so you can browse the dark web anonymously.

There’s a very common statistic thrown around online that claims only 4% of the internet’s known content is visible and easily accessible by popular search engines, while the other 96% of web content is hidden in a deep, hard-to-access, oftentimes creepy, Tor encrypted security networks.

In other words, if you think you have seen it all, think again. The dark web is as dark and deep than what most people think.

So have a look at some of the most disturbing and thought-provoking websites on this list…

1. Sci-Hub

If you’re a college student or just someone looking for scientific research papers, then you will rarely find freely available research papers, you will usually be required to pay for a monthly or a one-time membership fee to gain access to these scientific research directories.

But with Sci-Hub, you can gain access to over 60 million academic research papers and articles, and be able to freely download them with no restrictions.

ScienceHuB is a global science and technology publisher and provides free access to research articles and latest research information without any barrier to scientific community.

Direct link: https://sci-hub.hk/

2. Library Genesis (LibGen)

While we’re at it, here’s another free directory of premium research papers and books. In fact, some of the research papers available on Sci-Hub are also stored in Library Genesis making these both websites extremely valuable to many knowledge-seekers around the world.

And what makes LibGen so convenient is the fact that you can access it without using any privacy software since you don’t even have to go to the dark web to access the site.

We need to take information, wherever it is stored, make our copies and share them with the world. We need to download scientific journals and upload them to file-sharing networks. We need to fight for Guerilla Open Access.

Direct link: http://libgen.io/

3. Mariana’s Web

Now let’s move on to the creepy stuff. Mariana’s Web — named after the deepest point in the oceans of the earth — is a dark web site that is so deep and is reportedly buried deep down the darknet, and that is almost impossible to access by regular anonymity software such as Tor and VPN. People claim that some of the world’s best-kept secrets are hidden there.

Though it’s mere existence has been questioned by many people, claiming that it’s only theorized to exist. But no one really knows for sure.

Direct link: unknown.

4. AlphaBay

AlphaBay is one of the most popular darknet marketplace websites for selling illegal goods and services. The black market which was launched in September of 2014 was a top choice for many shoppers on the dark web.

But it’s no longer in operation due to law enforcement involvement which resulted in its shutdown in July 2017.

Direct link: pwoah7foa6au2pul.onion (discontinued)

5. Rotten

This is one of those disturbing deep net websites you hear about in creepy-sounding YouTube videos, where images of unpleasant stuff are made available for viewers pleasure.

If you like to watch disturbing, creepy, and sometimes disgusting pictures of human corpses or animals or any other creepy stuff, or you just want to scare your friends, then you will definitely this site hopeful.

Direct link: www.rotten.com

Want to search more Dark websites?

Most of the information available online is just the tip of the iceberg, the real knowledge and most interesting unrestricted resources are hidden deep down the darknet.

As we have already mentioned at the beginning of this article, you will need to install the Tor Browser and a premium VPN software to browse the deep web anonymously.