5 Reasons Why to Use DuckDuckGo’s New Browser Extension
No one can doubt Google’s dominance on the world wide web, most online users depend on the popular search engine to browse the web.
But with this level of dominance, Google can now collect huge amounts of their user’s private information and browsing history.
Google Chrome and other well-known web browsers are always tracking you around the web, they know everything about you.
Under these circumstances, many online users have found no other option but to search for alternatives that don’t share their data with third-parties or track them around the web.
DuckDuckGo, a popular privacy-focused search engine is an attractive alternative that for many users looking for a more private internet browsing experience. And with the new release of its browser-supported extension makes it even more attractive to users.
If you’re looking for more privacy online and you don’t want your browsing activities tracked by anyone, then here are five reasons why you need to use DuckDuckGo…
1. DuckDuckGo’s website encryption feature
- DuckDuckGo is one of the few web browsers out there that take you to an encrypted version of websites you visit, most other web browsers don’t do this since the ‘encrypted version’ of sites usually are slow-loading which can be bad for user experience.
But DuckDuckGo prefers to offer a more secure and encrypted browsing experience to their users even if it means sacrificing a few seconds of web page loading speeding.
2. The new browser extension is blocking trackers
- The majority of websites out there, especially the most popular ones such as Facebook and Google, have in-built trackers designed to spy on your online activities, often times without your consent.
- But DuckDuckGo’s browser extension has a feature that blocks these trackers. When you visit any website, DuckDuckGo will recognize these trackers and block them so you don’t have to worry about anyone learning about everything that you do online.
- The TOS-DR project will use a rating system (very good to very bad) to determine which websites have up-to-date and legitimate legal pages information.
Terms of service are often too long to read, but it’s important to understand what’s in them. Your rights online depend on them. We hope that our ratings can help you get informed about your rights.
4. Your security is a top priority
- The privacy-focused web browser has all the features and encryption technology needed to protect and ensure the protection of your online security.
With DuckDuckGo You will no longer have to worry about any third-party entities, advertisers, or cybercriminals gaining access to your private data, or tracking your online activities.
5. It’s easy to use
- The DuckDuckGo web browser or browser extension is user-friendly and doesn’t require any technical know-how, a five-year-old can run it successfully.
But before that, an advanced privacy-focused web browsing solution required a tremendous amount of technical knowledge and user-unfriendly solutions to browse the web more privately. But with DuckDuckGo’s new browser extension, you don’t even have to quit your current browser, by just installing the extension.
Currently, the web browser extension is supported and available to download on Chrome, Firefox, and Safari, and is also available on Android and iOS. Check it out here: https://duckduckgo.com/app
While many online users may have never heard of the DuckDuckGo search engine and browser since it’s not as popular as Google or Safari, it is still preferred by numerous online users who value online privacy or who don’t appreciate search engines snooping on their online behavior.
Be careful though, because while a privacy-focused web browser such as DuckDuckGo can keep your data safe, it doesn’t provide you with complete anonymous internet browsing, a virtual private network (VPN) software is a must-have tool for that.